CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS OF STUDENT SCREENDANCE WORKS
The University of Utah’s Departments of Modern Dance and Film and Media Arts are requesting submissions of student dance films to be screened on the opening night of the 9th International Screendance Festival and Summer Intensive Editing Workshop with SIMON FILDES, June 23, 2013. Submissions must be a screendance piece, created specifically for film or video, or a staged work recreated for the camera. We are also accepting short dance-related documentaries. Please note that these submissions are not to be performance documentations. A small cash prize for the Jury’s Choice will be awarded.
- Only Region 1 or All Region DVD formats, and working web links will be accepted. More important information about screening formats is available at dance.utah.edu/screendancefest2013
- The work must have been completed while enrolled in a full-time degree program or workshop setting.
- DVDs will not be returned unless requested. If requested, please include a self-addressed stamped envelope for the return.
- There is no submission fee.
- Length of the work must not exceed 15 minutes.
- Please DO NOT send additional materials with your submission such as press or other presentation materials. An effort is made to preserve a blind jury.
- Artists may submit up to three different projects for consideration.
- Jury comments will be available upon request.
- Copies of submitted films will be retained for the purpose of archiving the festival.
Postmark deadline for mailed submissions is by 5:00PM, March 1st. Online submissions must be received by midnight Mountain Standard Time, March 15. All submissions must include a submission form for each submission. Individuals are allowed to submit a maximum of 3 films. Links to Submission Forms will soon be available at dance.utah.edu/screendancefest
For submission information please contact:
Tanja London, firstname.lastname@example.org,
Send submissions or links to:
Ben Estabrook, email@example.com
International Screendance Festival, University of Utah Department of Modern Dance,
330 S 1500 East, Room 106 , Salt Lake City, UT 84112 USA